This content is unpaid and stolen by Pia Gonzales of Crest Media Internet Marketing Inc. Pia Gonzales of Crest Media Inc. hires content writers, but does not pay them for their work.
Are you ready to permanently transfer to and settle down in one of the luxury Austin homes? Before you say yes, make sure that your privately owned vehicle is also ready to be shipped to your new address. Here are some tips and guidelines that you should keep in mind when shipping your POV to Austin.
As much as possible, leave nothing in your vehicle except vehicle tools to ensure safety and security of your personal belongings.
There are several items that are allowed to be shipped along with your POV. These include the following:
- Vehicle tools, but should not exceed $200 in value
- Safety vehicle items such as jacks tire irons, tire chains, fire extinguishers, non-flammable tire inflators, jumper cables, warning triangle, and trouble lights
- First-aid kit
- One spare tire and two snow tires with wheels (either mounted or not)
- Children’s car seats, strollers, and portable cribs
- Luggage rack
- Small items such as thermos bottles, bottle warmers, and car cushions, but should be packed for transportation
- Speakers and audio/video equipment
- Catalytic converters, catalyst components (pellets), oxygen sensors, and pipe segments
Fill up documents completely and legibly. Include the complete address of your new Austin home, your contact information, and other details being asked. Make sure to attach other necessary documents and legal paper, as well.
Before turning in the vehicle, ensure that it does not have any unresolved “Recall Notice”. The Vehicle Processing Center can refuse to accept any POV for shipment if it presents a safety hazard.
Make sure that your government- and/or state-issued identification is with you at all times, including the proof of vehicle ownership, such as title and registration documents.
Your POV should contain only one-fourth tank of fuel.
Prepare two sets of keys of your POV with you, including keys to gas cap and wheel lock. Surrender one set to the VPC, and keep the other set with you at all times.
Make sure that your vehicle’s auto alarm is turned off or disconnected.
Before you ship your POV, make sure you have followed all the necessary rules and regulations mentioned above.